It's been a while since we posted, but that doesn't mean nothing's been going on. Quite the contrary! It's amazing the amount of work and detail it takes to get ready to leave the country for a month. I'm working extra hard to get everything ready at work so I can leave for a month. Kristi's been making checklists, coordinating with our adoption agency, and pulling together everything we -- and our new child -- will while we're in Ukraine and travelling back home. Arrangements have to be made for the house (thanks Mom and Dad S), for the dog (thanks Mom and Dad F), we have to get our taxes done ahead of time, and we have to make sure we have all of the documentation we need for the adoption and to get the child's return visa to the United States.
I had a co-worker ask me today if I was getting excited about going. While we are definitely excited, right now we're just focused on making sure everything is ready. I think once we're finally sitting on the airplane headed to Dusseldorf/Kiev we'll finally be able to really start thinking about what's really happening and be able to let it soak in.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Posted by
0 comments:
Post a Comment